HASANZ’s Annual Report for the year ending 31 March 2017 is out now, including a centrespread of photos from our first conference – see who you can spot! HASANZ’s performance for the year is best summed up as raising the bar for professional standards in New Zealand. We really stepped up.
Highlights of the year included:
- Full Membership of HASANZ gained by NZISM, OTNZ-WNA, NZOHNA, HFESNZ and NZOHS, each meeting stringent criteria. On 28 July they were joined by PNZ (Occupational Health Group)
- progression of the HASANZ Register of Workplace Health and Safety Professionals, including securing funding from ACC and WorkSafe and appointment of software developer Signify
- HASANZ’s first ever conference – a sellout and outstanding success
- two workshops on “best practices for health and safety engagement and communication” with world authority Dr Vincent Covello
- cementing of strategic partnerships with WorkSafe, ACC, Business Leaders’ Health and Safety Forum, PwC, EMA Northern and parent Business NZ, AUT and The Skills Organisation.
- a big improvement in our financial position – HASANZ’s equity increased by235%.
What stands out is how people are now approaching HASANZ to be partners in a number of exciting sector initiatives. Our voice is valued in important conversations about workplace health and safety. HASANZ is well regarded and our work is respected. As WorkSafe Chief Executive, Nicole Rosie, said at our recent AGM: “We think the work you do is very important. WorkSafe is 100% behind what’s happening here”.
Onwards and upwards!