The 2021 round of HASANZ Scholarships will be open for applications 13 July 2021. Applications close on 10 September 2021.
The HASANZ Scholarship Programme was established in 2018 to encourage further education in workplace health and safety to help build the capability and capacity of New Zealand's professional health and safety workforce. Scholarships are awarded annually.
There are five categories of scholarship.
- General: for practitioners and health and safety representatives who want to upskill to a diploma or degree (funded by business sponsors listed at the bottom of this page).
- Poutama: for Māori health and safety practitioners who want to take their skills to the next level (funded by business sponsors listed at the bottom of this page).
- Postgraduate: for people wanting to specialise in health and safety by undertaking a postgraduate qualification at a university (funded by business sponsors listed at the bottom of this page).
- Occupational Hygiene: for people wanting to become an occupational hygienist or to do further training in this field (funded by WorkSafe).
- Applied Research: for people undertaking a Master’s by thesis or PhD research in a health and safety-related topic (funded by ACC).
We welcome Applied Research Scholarship applications from health and safety professionals who are seeking to conduct applied research, as part of their professional development. The findings from the research can then be utilised by NZ workplaces and businesses, to inform their injury prevention activities and plans. Research proposals should focus on sectors and/or risks where there are high rates of workplace injuries. It is highly recommended that you consider this list of preferred research themes before applying for this scholarship.
HASANZ Scholarships include:
- a financial contribution of $5000* each year for up to two years;
- practical learning and the ability to work on real life issues;
- mentoring by an industry professional.
*Scholarship value may vary at HASANZ's discretion.
All enquiries should be directed to email@example.com