About HASANZ Scholarships
The 2021 round of HASANZ Scholarships is now open for applications. You can access application forms by clicking on the box on the right. Applications close on 10 September 2021.
The HASANZ Scholarship Programme was established in 2018 to encourage further education in workplace health and safety to help build the capability and capacity of New Zealand's professional health and safety workforce. Scholarships are awarded annually.
There are six categories of scholarship.
- General: for practitioners and health and safety representatives who want to upskill to a diploma or degree (funded by business sponsors listed at the bottom of this page).
- Poutama: for Māori health and safety practitioners who want to take their skills to the next level (funded by business sponsors listed at the bottom of this page).
- Postgraduate: for people wanting to specialise in health and safety by undertaking a postgraduate qualification at a university (funded by business sponsors listed at the bottom of this page).
- Occupational Hygiene: for people wanting to become an occupational hygienist or to do further training in this field (funded by WorkSafe).
- Women in Safety: for people to encourage and support women health and safety practitioners to upskill from a technical level into leadership and governance to influence health and safety leadership and governance practice in New Zealand (funded by business sponsors listed at the bottom of this page).
- Applied Research: not open for applications in 2021
HASANZ Scholarships include:
- a financial contribution of $5000* each year for up to two years;
- practical learning and the ability to work on real life issues;
- mentoring by an industry professional.
*Scholarship value may vary at HASANZ's discretion.
All enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is a list of tertiary courses offered in workplace health and safety in New Zealand and Australia. The list is intended as a helpful guide but is not exhaustive: applications for HASANZ Scholarships to study other tertiary qualifications in workplace health and safety will be welcome. Please note that to be eligible for a scholarship you will need to apply for a course that is the equivalent of NZQA Level 6 or higher.