HASANZ represents diverse organisations with a shared purpose
HASANZ represents diverse organisations with a shared purpose.
- an association of associations
- a truly representative body for workplace health and safety professions in New Zealand
- a trusted voice for health and safety professionals
- a first point of contact for business leaders and government on workplace health and safety matters
- an expert advisory group to guide effective health and safety policy.
Establishing a representative body for health and safety professionals was a commitment in the Government’s Working Safer package of reforms (2013) developed in response to the findings of the Taskforce on Workplace Health and Safety (2012).
A step change in workplace health and safety performance in New Zealand requires us to work collaboratively to help drive effective solutions.
HASANZ promotes excellence in workplace health and safety practice
HASANZ’s objectives are:
- Professional standards – engaging with the education sector to raise the level of the health and safety curriculum content, in order to enhance the credibility and recognition of the health and safety professions.
- Professional excellence – promoting robust collaboration between health and safety professions.
- Industry advocacy – through our diverse voice promoting and influencing public policy and resource allocation decisions.
- Health and safety leadership – engaging with communities and businesses to provide informed assurance on health and safety.
- Stakeholder engagement – increasing the visibility and reputation of the health and safety professions
A priority is improving access to quality advice for businesses by creating an online register of competent health and safety professionals. Lifting the professional standard of workplace health and safety practitioners means better guidance and support for employers and their workers.
Increased professionalism means increased confidence in health and safety advice and services.