We have been notified of a SPAM Email that is currently being circulated to individuals that are listed on the HASANZ Register. The email looks like the below example:
From: Stefan Raev firstname.lastname@example.org
Sent: Tuesday, July 6, 2021 3:10 AM
Greetings to you:
How are you doing today? I was conducting a search with your name when I get to this site (https://register.hasanz.org.nz... ) I would like to know if you are related to Mr. Anthony.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
We have put a system in place where email addresses cannot be scraped from our HASANZ Register website, however, this does not help for people who have already had their email addresses scraped.
What you can do to help:
- Do not click on any of the links.
- Do not reply to the email.
- Report this issue to The Department of Internal Affairs - Report Spam and Netsafe.
- You can block the sender but they are smart and will change the sender for the next email they send. You can set a rule based on the content that does not change such as 'are you related to Mr Anthony' the email rule could be set to forward the email to the Junk Folder.
- Delete the message permanently from your inbox.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.