The HASANZ 2024 Conference Organising Committee invites you to submit presentation proposals for inclusion in the conference programme.
We are seeking presentations that will share your expertise and grow the knowledge of conference attendees. The HASANZ conference 2024 aims to build professional capability for New Zealand’s diverse workplace health and safety community, including health and safety professionals, business health and safety managers, public agencies, educators, and sector leaders.
The presentations will be delivered during the concurrent sessions in the conference programme on Thursday, 19 September, and Friday, 20 September.
Submissions received will be included in the following concurrent streams:
The Conference Committee is seeking compelling, informative, and inspiring presentations with examples of best practice in action and practical advice, tips, and tools that people can take away and apply to make New Zealand’s workplaces healthier and safer. Presentations may include case studies, innovative practice examples, research-based presentations, or technical and academic papers across all areas of workplace health and safety.
|Presentation Proposal Submission Deadline
|19 April 2024
|Accepted Presenters Notified
|10 May 2024
- Presentation Proposals are to be no more than 300 words (2100 characters) and should meet the selection criteria provided below.
- We are seeking a variety of submissions. These may include case studies, innovative practice examples, research based presentations, technical and academic papers, across all areas of workplace health and safety.
- Presentation Proposals should include target audience, aims, methods, results, conclusion (where appropriate) and learning objectives.
- Presentation Proposals will be evaluated by the HASANZ Conference Committee against the selection criteria. Accepted presenters can request the opportunity to have their full paper peer reviewed and published on the HASANZ website following the conclusion of the conference.
The conference committee will evaluate Presentation Proposals against the following criteria:
- Relevance to conference theme "Collaboration, Competence, Champion"
- Audience Appeal
- Presentation Proposals should contribute to the improvement of workplace health and safety in New Zealand.
Review and Notification to Authors
All completed submissions will be reviewed. You will be informed by email of the acceptance status of your presentation proposal by 10 May 2024. Once the review has been completed in May 2024, you will be advised if you have been allocated a poster or oral slot in the programme.
All presenters are required to register and pay the conference registration fee in order to be included in the programme and to present in person at the event.
Accepted oral presentations will be included within topical sessions of the official Conference programme. Posters will be on display throughout the conference and further details will be advised with the confirmation email.